Our state-of-the-art practice management software offers a variety of standard and customized user-friendly reports that would provide you the tools needed monitoring all aspects of your practice financial performance. Some examples of the reports include:
Monthly Financial Summary
- To review important financial values (e.g., transactions and payments)
- By Provider
- By Payer
- By Location
- By Procedure Code
Practice Month End
- Compare monthly transactions (e.g., charge, adjustment, payment, appointments) to prior months and the average over a period of time.
Provider Month End Performance
- Review important key performance indicators (KPIs) on a monthly basis. These include days in AR, charges, adjustments, and payments.
Advance Data Analytics
- View AR aging buckets by billing provider
- View AR aging buckets by billing provider and patient
- View AR aging buckets by rendering provider
- View AR aging buckets by rendering provider and patient
- View AR aging buckets by servicing provider
- A comprehensive service line report with important AR data points (e.g., aging buckets, days in AR, expected amounts).
- Review monthly transactions (e.g., charge, adjustment, payment) by provider along with the starting AR and ending AR for the month.
- to review service line information (e.g., Procedure Code, Date of Service, Charge Amount, Adjustments, etc.).
- Reflects the payment-level details viewable in Payments pages. Payment reports are best suited for balancing to the bank account as they include all payments posted (e.g., applied, unapplied, insurance, patient, capitation, etc.).
- Reflects all AR balance-changing events (e.g., charge activity, apply/unapply payments, write-offs, etc.).
- Appointment Daily Summary – View and print summary appointment data grouped by calendar resource and location name. Reporting data is real-time.
- Copay Deficit – Review copay deficit by location. Reporting data is generated monthly.
- Missing Charges – Identify appointments that are missing charges.
- No Show and Cancellation – Analyze no show and cancellation totals. Reporting data is generated monthly.